I came across this very interesting website of a regular person who seems to have had enough experience in life. Mr. Jackson Brown wrote simple notes for his son before going to college, so he doesn’t get messed up in his life and for him to know basically what’s right and what’s wrong, and those points ended up to be in a book. I quote this sentence from his website: “I read years ago that it was not the responsibility of parents to pave the road for their children, but to provide a roadmap, and I wanted to provide him with what I had learned about living a happy and rewarding life.”
Few point from the book as written in the website:
1. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen every day.
2. Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
3. Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures.
4. Overtip breakfast waitresses.
5. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.
6. Never resist a generous impulse.
7. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
8. Never go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink.
9. Leave everything a little better than you found it.
10. Call your mother.