Internet tethering is simply a feature on iPhone enabling it to act as a modem and connect your laptop to the internet via either the charging cable (USB) or through the bluetooth. All what you have to do is:
- In your iPhone, go to Settings -> Network and enable the internet tethering.
- The second step then is to go to the Cellular Data Network part to enter your network data settings (as for the Cellular data) into the internet tethering part.
- Connect your iPhone to the laptop through your normal charging cable.
- You’ll have to chose either a USB connection or bluetooth one.
- In PC, your laptop will auto detect your iPhone and consider it as a LAN connection, while in Mac you’ll have to go to networks settings and enable the tethering.
- There you go!
Note: These steps are what I did to get myself connected through iPhone tethering connectivity. Depending on your iPhone or laptop settings, these steps might be different!